Safety Tips & Information
The below is a guide on how to get the best from your wax melts whilst maintaining safety at all times.
Please note that all wax melts have been thoroughly tested using a range of different burners and the below are suggestions of what we have found to provide the longest lasting scent throw.
Wax Melt Safety Recommendations
- Please make sure that you are only using our wax melts in an appropriate wax melt burners, oil burners are not recommended due to their smaller size.
- Prior to use check over burner to ensure that their are no hairline cracks and make sure that the burner is completely dry.
- If using a tea-light burner use only unscented tea-lights with a maximum burn time of 4 hours.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets and also away from draughts.
- Do not move while lit, allow to cool and set first.
- Use on a level, heat resistant surface.
- Never leave an in-use burner unattended and don't use near anything that can catch fire.
For tea light burners:
- Please ensure that you don't overfill your burner, one cube of a snap bar or around 14g wax is sufficient. Add a tea light underneath and light the wick.
Keep using new tealights until you can no longer smell the scent.
The length of time your wax melts will last are dependent on your burner and other conditions mentioned below, tests in our larger ceramic burners provide at least 8-12 hours burn time.
For electric burners:
- Please ensure that you don't overfill your burner, one cube of a snap bar or around 14g wax is sufficient. Turn on your burner and leave to melt.
Please ensure you following the safety instructions from the manufacturer of your melt warmer, do not leave on longer than the recommended time as they can overheat.
The length of time your wax melts will last are dependent on the strength of the heat and the model of your warmer. Some burners are designed for wax with a lower melting point such as paraffin wax, these are not recommended for using with our melts as soya wax has a much higher melting point so you will not achieve the best results.
Intensity of fragrance
This will depend greatly on many different factors such as your room size, temperature of the room and amount of wax used.
For best results, always close your windows in the room you are burning the wax.
Removing your wax
Once the wax is no longer fragrant, wait until the wax cools and then gently place pressure on one end of the wax until it pops out.
Alternatively, you can also use cotton balls/pads to soak up melted wax and then dispose accordingly. Remember melted wax is very hot so be careful not to spill any molten wax on yourself or your home furnishings.
Do not use wipes and/or cleaning chemicals/products to clean the burner. Do not use metal or sharp objects to clean out wax as this may crack or damage the burner or cause injury.
All products are fully CLP compliant, please see individual scent descriptions and images for more information on each product.
More information for individual products can be sent on request, just email us at email@example.com with any questions.
You are always advised to follow the clear instructions on this listing. Please ensure you read the instructions thoroughly to enhance the safety in using the product.